Home > Daily Information > 6) Enjoy your leisure time > Libraries and Community Centers
Libraries and Community Centers
(1) City Libraries
You can read newspapers and magazines, listen to CD music, as well as borrow books. Also many books, magazines, and newspapers written in foreign languages are available.
- Foreign newspapers: 3 in English, 2 in Chinese, 1 in Spanish, 1 in Portuguese, 1 in French, 1 in Korean.
When borrowing books, you must have a library card. This card can be issued at the library counter upon request with free of charge but you need to show something to identify yourself.
- Open: Tuesday to Friday 9:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m).
- Closed: Every Monday, National holidays, The last day of each month, The beginning and end of the year
For details, contact City Library (1-1-3 Akasaka; Tel: 27-4646).
||Besides the city library, there is a branch in each community center. The library card is good for both the city library and branch libraries.
At Audio-Visual Service Center on the second floor of the city library, excellent films (a lot of foreign films included) are shown on Sunday afternoons. Programs will be notified in "Narita Public Information".
For details, contact Audio-Visual Service Center; Tel: 27-2533
(2) Community Centers
Eleven community centers are utilized as places to enhance the friendship among local people as well as the ones for many volunteer groups to study. A variety of Lectures and events are held frequently. At present, 500 groups are regularly engaged in the activities, many of which are to enjoy hobbies (The list of Groups is available at each community center).
The groups at Chuo community center are the most energetic in their pursuit of activities.
- Open: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Closed: Every Monday, National holidays, The Beginning and the End of the Year.
- Application: You can apply 3 days to one month prior to the date you wish to use. Application handled between 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm (accepted by telephone:10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.).
For details, contant Chuo Community Center (1-1-3 Akasaka; Tel: 27-5911).
See a list for summary of the other community center.